Thursday, December 14, 2006

New York changes people for the worse, there's no question about it. I have seen it happen to countless friends who moved here and since I just moved here I wanted to keep a record of my conversion to the dark side (if indeed it does happen as it has to every single person I've known who moved to the city)
If you're a New Yorker I know what you're thinking; "This is some fresh faced kid who can't hack it in the big bad city of New York. You've got to be super cool, sophisticated, worldly, all tempered with a toughness that can only come from living here, in order to make it in this city" Well I've lived all over this country, in many of the largest cities, and have traveled around the world so I've seen a thing or two in my day and I would consider myself pretty tough and worldly. Take 99.9% of New Yorkers send them to Fiji in the middle of the night with no money and no idea where they are or where they're going to stay and see how long they last. I consider that tough and worldly, not taking the 6 train past 96th St.

But I digress, the point of this whole thing is to document my experiences and try to discover why it is that even the nicest person in the world will be an a-hole after living here for a year.
Let the fun begin...

No comments: